We are hiring a SHEQ Officer /Safety, Health, Environment and Quality/
- Implement and maintain risk management and loss prevention strategies (e.g. Life Saving Behaviours Campaign)
- Ensure Business Units are aware of relevant statutory compliance and have systems in place to ensure requirements are met
- Ensure all required statutory information is communicated to Business Units and relevant statutory authorities
- Assist Business Units with the development of relevant compliance procedures for site activities (e.g. Training Matrix, Work Place Audits etc.)
- Implementing and executing quality management system and best practices on safety & environmental management and business processes
- Assist Line Management in the implementation of documents or required workplace changes to ensure statutory compliance
- Conduct regular monitoring of management system functionality
- Provide comprehensive audit report to Business Unit detailing improvements and corrective actions where applicable
- Assist Business Unit Managers in incident investigations to determine root causes, contributing factors and corrective actions
- Undertake all responsibilities as Injury Management Co-Ordinator and assist Line
- Managers with relevant documentation required for successful injury management
- Provide functional support to Business Units in the development, implementation, testing and review of Site Emergency Management Plan
- Assist Business Unit Managers to ensure personnel are competent to perform required tasks
- At least 5 years’ experience in a heavy industrial, manufacturing or mining environment
- Technically proficient in the use of MS Office applications
- Ability to write concise and constructive reports, business correspondence, and associated documentation.
- Ability to write with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Location: UB Office
Phone: 7713-0303, 85840303